In the 1920s a chemical tank was used which was hand drawn or pulled behind a motor car, and an improvement over the bucket brigade. In 1938, the village purchased their first fire truck, a 1938 Ford. In June, 1978, the village turned over the responsibility of the department to the township as there was more tax base to support it. At this time, there are three pumpers and a grass rig. It is now known as an “On Call” department with fire fighters paged out from Central Dispatch in Corunna and an emergency 911 system is in service.
Back Row, L to R – Warner VanAlstine, Bill Vince, Merle Wenk, Jim Duncanson, Harry Whitehead and John J. Seaman. Front Row, L to R – Bill Duncanson, Laverne Hoover, Kenneth Sickles, Ted MacKay, Lester Tower, Fred Schweikert and Gordon Stowell.